Technology Unit Planning: Celebrating Matariki Planning Unit: Overview
Final outcome: Iced biscuits
(Click on image to enlarge)
Year 1 – Students working towards achievement at Level 1
Room 1 Lou Reed –
Te Kura o Otangarei
Global Intention: We are going to design biscuits to help us celebrate Matariki not only for our class but for the whole school and attempt to understand technological modelling
Dates: From Week 4 to Week 6 T2 / 08
- Innovation, inquiry and curiosity
- Community and Participation
- Care for the Environment
- Managing Self
- Relating to Others
- Participating and Contributing
- Using Language, Symbols and Texts
| Technological Practice
|| Nature of Technology
|| Technological Knowledge
Planning for Practice
- Outline a general plan to support the development of an outcome, identifying appropriate steps and resources.
Characteristics of Technology
- Understand that technology is purposeful intervention through design.
- Understand that functional models are used to represent reality and test design concepts and that prototypes are used to test Technological Outcomes.
- Describe the outcome they are developing and identify the attributes it should have, taking account of the need/opportunity and the resources available.
- Understand that Technological Outcomes are products or systems developed by people and have a physical nature and a functional nature.
Outcome Development and Evaluation
- Investigate a context to communicate potential outcomes. Evaluate these against attributes; select and develop an outcome in keeping with the identified attributes.
- Understand that technological systems have inputs, controlled transformations, and outputs.
Celebrating Matariki:Overview | Learning outcomes | Lesson outline | Assessment
Return to top ^