Technology Unit Planning: Personalised Pen Planning Unit: Overview
Year 7 Materials
Description of Context: Writing Tools
Key Focus: Transformation of Information/Energy/Material (Highlight)
Class Description/Students Past Experiences:
Year 7 students/no experience in the Technology rooms. Little understanding of Technological Practice.
Key Focus: (Technological Practice)
Context specific skill/knowledge:
Predetermined Specific learning outcomes:
- Develop skills in working with plastics.
- Develop knowledge of plastic performance.
- Develop 2D sketching and rendering techniques.
- Develop an understanding of the Key stages in the technology cycle.(CoT)
- Undertake own time management to ensure the completion of a quality outcome. (PfP)
- Undertake modelling as a form of testing and trialling. (ODE and TM)
- Apply knowledge and skills in the manufacture of a quality solution. (ODE)
Observation of tool selection and use to produce an outcome.
Discussion with students about knowledge of how to work materials to form products.
Teacher checks through ongoing formative discussions with each student and marking of portfolios to ensure all students have: developed concepts, tested mock-ups, completed an outcome in given time, evaluated outcome against performance specs.
Observation of cooperation between students.
- Using language symbols and text
- Managing self
- Relating to others
- Participating and contributing
- Key stakeholder values
- Maths – measuring
- Problem solving
- English – evaluative skills
Learning Environment Considerations
Safety Issues (Refer to MOE Revised Health & Safety Guidelines.)
- Safe use of hand tools
- Use of scroll saws
- 3mm Acrylic, card, masking tape, coping saws, scroll saws, ink refills